Lest we forget, in light of selectively released footage, what breaching the Capital required to begin with
View Reddit by Ritz527 – View Source
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
I’ve been to the Capitol many times before. Never had to enter the building like this. But hey, Faux News , tucker, hannity and the Donald says it was a peaceful protest from calm tourist sooooooo maybe it’s okay?! /s
Bullshit. These people are i.sa e cult members. Seditious terrorist. If and that’s a big if, trump gets back in he’ll blanket pardon every fucking one of them.
QAnon Shaman watched the doors to the Capital get destroyed and was one of the first people through them. He was told multiple times by officers to leave the building. He admitted as much in his trial. Once a crime is committed, further actions by him or lack of action by police *do not negate it.*
Fox watchers WANT to be lied to. That’s why there was a huge ratings dip when Fox accidentally told the truth and called the election for Biden.
They don’t want news. They’re junkies looking for a fix. The entire network would collapse if they were forced to only tell the truth. That’s simply not the product being sold.
So they will ALWAYS hork down weak shit like Cucker’s weird insistence that it was all some very enthusiastic tourism. The lies are the point. The “alternative” narrative is the point. You can’t refute it with facts. Facts aren’t the point.
Violent footage should be flooding every other media outlet, including digital billboards.
Anyone else think it’s weird how these clips, reddit wide, are being brigaded by tucker fans? It’s like every post I see has dozens of them
is this in response to the vid on joe rogan of this guy walking around with a police escort?
followed by him thanking police for getting them into said building
as a European, i can’t believe this happened just a few years ago, and i can’t believe that the one that lost the vote, encouraged this.
if this would have happened in a middle eastern country, there would be talked about a dictator and a coup, and America would have sent soldiers there.
I don’t see how walking around with cops exonerates anyone. It just makes the cops look bad.
On one side of the building yes. The other side just had the doors opened for them and they walked inside the velvet ropes.
Its alright guys, i peacefully break thru peoples windows all the time!
What a fucking embarrassing chapter in our nation’s history. Bunch of rubes draining the collective IQ of our great nation.
Let’s also remember that Jan. 6 did not live in a vacuum, as Tucker Carlson and the GOP would like you to believe by cherry-picking this day and making a [red herring](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring) out of it. It was not simply a group of ragtag conspiracy theorists who spontaneously got out of hand.
It was the culmination of a months-long, multi-faceted effort at every level of government and conservative media – led by the President of the United States to overturn his election loss.
If successful, these efforts would have invalidated 81 million votes, ended any semblance of democracy as it had stood for 235 years, and established the U.S. as an authoritarian state.
These are all actions and events related to Trump known before the Jan. 6 committee even held its first hearings:
– Trump tried to [extort the country of Ukraine](https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49800181) for political dirt on Biden. He was impeached over it.
– He tried to [weaponize COVID-19 politically by waging a war on mail-in ballots](https://time.com/5887438/trump-mail-in-voting/), which he knew would [favor Democrats](https://twitter.com/votesaveamerica/status/1244668694887686145).
– Him and DeJoy tried to [manipulate the USPS](https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-post-office/judge-blocks-politically-motivated-changes-to-u-s-postal-service-ahead-of-election-idUSKBN26836Y).
– Systematically and intentionally promoted [The Big Lie](https://www.axios.com/trump-2020-election-fraud-misinformation-2b4e5b92-0f9e-4fb6-8733-c2f0ceefd626.html) that the election was stolen, which tens of millions of people have come to believe.
– Tried to [get electors](https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-campaign-wants-states-to-override-electoral-votes-for-biden-is-that-possible-11605973695) to illegally cast their votes.
– Him, his lawyers, and allies filed [60+ ridiculous lawsuits](https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/politics/republicans-voter-fraud.html) for lower courts to overturn the election (with zero evidence), oftentimes *not even arguing there was fraud* in court, yet claiming it in public.
– Supported [an absolutely absurd case](https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/22/22O155/163492/20201211095715842_TX-v-State-MPI-Reply-2020-12-11.pdf) for SCOTUS to overturn the election (with zero evidence).
– Summoned [Michigan GOP members](https://apnews.com/article/trump-invites-michigan-gop-white-house-6ab95edd3373ecc9607381175d6f3328) to attempt to subvert election results.
– He undoubtedly provoked his [AG’s resignation](https://www.wsj.com/articles/attorney-general-william-barr-resigns-effective-dec-23-11607986828) a few weeks after the election, who soon-before felt compelled to announce there was [“No widespread fraud.”](https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-widespread-election-fraud-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d)
– Attended a meeting which [floated martial law](https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-elections-william-barr-6ff3dbff74aa79ee4d81f9d87b6dce9c).
– Told election officials to [“stop counting”](https://www.newsweek.com/trump-ally-allegedly-told-arizona-official-we-need-you-stop-counting-report-1606611)
– Suggested the [military should force states](https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/12/19/trump-reportedly-asked-advisors-about-deploying-military-to-overturn-election/) to rehold elections.
– Tried to get the [VP to illegally name him President](https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/02/us/politics/gop-senators-josh-hawley-election.html).
– Called the [PA Speaker of the House](https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-trump-pennsylvania-election-results/2020/12/08/4d39e16c-397d-11eb-98c4-25dc9f4987e8_story.html) in an attempt to overturn the results.
– Pressured [Governor Brian Kemp](https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-kemp-call-georgia/2020/12/05/fd8d677c-3721-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html) to push the state legislature to overturn the election.
– Threatened [the GA Secretary of State](https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html) with legal consequences if he did not find enough votes to overturn the election.
– Tried to get an [insane conspiracy theorist](https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/12/19/trump-sydney-powell-special-counsel-michael-flynn-matial-law/3978054001/) to lead a special counsel.
– Defied and fired his own [election security officials](https://apnews.com/article/top-officials-elections-most-secure-66f9361084ccbc461e3bbf42861057a5).
– [Purged key Pentagon positions](https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-admin-pushes-out-more-defense-advisors-in-pentagon-purge-2020-12) after the election.
– Ordered the Pentagon to [stop working with Biden’s transition team](https://www.axios.com/pentagon-biden-transition-briefings-123a9658-4af1-4632-a6e6-770117784d60.html)
– Had a draft declaration which [instructed the military to seize ballots.](https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/21/read-the-never-issued-trump-order-that-would-have-seized-voting-machines-527572)
– Directly told the DOJ to [lie about the election](https://apnews.com/article/trump-urged-justice-department-to-declare-election-corrupt-0edf178869f33ddcf72d4c739bd18a5d). “Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen”
– [Pressured the DOJ](https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/trump-pressured-doj-to-challenge-election-results-emails-show-house-panel-says.html) to file a lawsuit to SCOTUS to nullify the election.
– Plotted the logistics of [overturning the election](https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/10/us/politics/capitol-attack-meadows-powerpoint.html) with WH staff.
– Plotted the logistics of overturning the election [with his lawyer, John Eastman](https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/07/judge-eastman-emails-jan-6-committee-00037999). A federal judge, after seeing the evidence, has now suggested [multiple times](https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.841840/gov.uscourts.cacd.841840.260.0.pdf) both Trump and Eastman’s efforts “more likely than not” constitute felonies.
– [Incited a violent insurrection](https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/06/us/electoral-vote) on U.S. Capitol to stop the certification of Joe Biden.
It’s nothing short of a miracle that the people involved resisted and worse things did not happen.
All of this could happen again as well:
AFTER the attack happened, the same night – [147 Republican lawmakers](https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/07/us/elections/electoral-college-biden-objectors.html) returned to the broken-glass halls of the Capitol and *still* voted to overturn the election. Most of them remain in Congress today.
“In light of selectively released footage, here’s some footage I’ve selected” -OP
“Lest we forget”
It’s not about forgetting, it’s about political forces convincing people that it didn’t happen.
Every “news” outlet everywhere selectively releases footage. Thats such a bullshit term that makes whoever uses it look like a fucking idiot.
Cops at unscheduled BLM protests (massive show of force): ok boys fire up the pepper spray and clubs, it’s clobberin time
Cops at the scheduled massive rally turned riot turned storming of a critical government building (skeleton crew): guys please stop smashing the windows and climbing inside we cant stop you there is nothing we can do please
This Ray Epps fella needs to be looked into..
“We don’t like the other footage, watch this! It proves OUR point!”
Y’all are all retarded and annoying af.
Awww, look at ‘em singing kumbaya. -Fox
>”Lest we forget”
Complete footage is a good thing
“in light of selectively released footage”
You know Tucker Carlson started his show by showing the violent footage right? The violent footage *is* the selectively released footage. He then showed non-violent footage that had been hidden from both the public and defense attorneys. It’s actual transparency and you hate it because it challenges what your established view. Everyone *knows* there were violent people that day. He was showing that there were *also* people just walking around being let in and led by cops. But god forbid someone point out any sort of nuance.
Like they said on The Daily Show:
If you have to punch a cop to get in, it isn’t a peaceful tourist visit.
I’m not joking when I say this: If Fox News/Tucker Carlson could benefit either personally or financially from it, they would try and put the 9/11 hijackers in a good light. I have no doubt in my mind.
How is it nobody in the US is accusing Tucker Carlson of treason? He is actively participating in an attempt to gloss over a huge criminal event, which is encouraging the sort of people that do these things to do more of them.
1000+ insurrectionists arrested, charged, convicted and/or imprisoned.
Just wait two weeks and trump will be president.
>Donate to stop the steal NOW!!
Ahh yes I forgot the totally peaceful smashing of windows with riot shields brought by the Proud Boys. And the make love not war hang man’s noose that was literally built on site…
All these fuckin apologists are the same assholes that get bent when a 98 year old concentration camp guard gets prosecuted. The only problem is we aren’t hanging all of them. Poor poor redhat meemaw. Fuckin clown shoes the lot of you .
I don’t see any “ANTIFA”? Lots of MAGA hats though.
Tucker Catlson made his highly selective, bullshit video not for us but to muddy the waters for future generations so they won’t know what really happened. Just like those electors who tried to submit false documentation to the national archives alleging that the Orange Turd won the 2020 election. It’s all about casting doubt on true events so they won’t go to jail for their part in an, as yet, unsuccessful insurrection.
“Peaceful tourists” my ass.
Whats disturbing the most is just how low security there was compared to when other shit was happening in the country. It makes this video even sadder.
Fucker Carlson belongs in jail with the rest of them and Trump.
FOX NEWS is total propaganda. They are the mouthpiece of Fascists.
People who watch and believe their “alternate facts” do not believe in Democracy.
Just your regular, run of the mill tour group. I don’t see what the big deal is..🤷🏻♂️
Can someone please explain to me why the GOP thinks airing footage of the insurrection is going to get them more votes? To me, I think it just opens up old wounds. It rubs salt into a place that has divided a lot of families and the country. 1000 people have been convicted of crimes that day. How is “it’s not as bad as it seems” or “the cops were compliant” going to turn this episode into a plus for GOP?
To my mind, the capitol police were trying not to start an armed conflict. Some protesters were armed, some not. I think the general attitude was just let them in, do their stupid stuff and they’ll leave. The FBI will review footage and arrest those that committed a crime.
We all watched what happened live. Republicans want to us to forget that.
Ya. Right wing pieces of shit show a frame or clip of people in the capitol and then say see, it was peaceful. Never mind that they had to breach multiple barriers to get there.
Saying the protesters are good people because they weren’t violent 100% of the time is like saying restaurant food was fine because rat droppings were only found in part of it.